To highlight the contributions of the comprehensive North Central Plan developed by our neighbors in 2000 and the call for a renewal of localized community planning, Deaconess Center for Child Well-Being is hosting Equitably Redeveloping Your Community. This six-part workshop series offers residents an opportunity to learn the process of community-led development.
Sessions are sponsored by the St. Louis Promise Zone, and the Urban Land Institute of St. Louis. They will take place at Deaconess Center, 1000 North Vandeventer Ave, from 6-8 PM, Thursdays:
• September 26 – Working with Funding Agencies and Acquiring Property
• October 17 – Road Map of Municipal Approvals and Entitlements
• October 24 – Community Engagement with Different Stakeholders
• November 14 – Financial Incentives and Legislative Update
• November 21 – Real Estate Lending for Development 101
• December 5 – The Power of Partnerships & Next Steps
All are welcome. Our neighbors from the Vandeventer, West Belle, Covenant Blu, and Grand Center neighborhoods are especially welcome to join us.