While the Deaconess Center remains closed to indoor and outdoor open-air convenings until April 1st, 2021, there are still opportunities to volunteer with Deaconess Center and join the movement of child advocates, organizers and families who are building power for children in our region.
Our volunteers are focused on creating a welcoming, accessible, safe and inviting space for all both on our campus and through our virtual convenings. We believe well-supported volunteers can make this happen. Deaconess Center offers a wide variety of long-term and short-term ways to connect and get involved. Opportunities for volunteers of at least 18 years of age include:
- Supporting our Welcome Desk and providing Deaconess Center Tours
- Providing hospitality and set up for Outdoor Open-Air Convenings
- Assisting in the Freedom School Meal Program
- Supporting Virtual Convenings hosted by Deaconess Center through our Zoom Platform
In order to cultivate a COVID-19 safe environment for staff, guests and volunteers, Deaconess Center for Child Well-Being has implemented the following procedures and precautions:
- Temperature and symptom screening;
- Physical distancing measures throughout the Center;
- Regular sanitization and disinfection of shared areas;
- Available hand sanitizer throughout campus; and
- Face covering requirement to enter the building.